For many families, a formal religious Christening is not appropriate but you may wish to welcome, celebrate the arrival and formally name your new child in front of family and friends.
Together we can create a bespoke ceremony that will reflect you and your new child.
As two existing families blend into marriage, you may wish to celebrate the joining of new parents and siblings by holding a naming ceremony to bring the families together. The addition of a sand blending ceremony or similar is a beautiful and visual way to demonstrate two families becoming one.
Naming ceremony can include for example:
- A relevant reading or poem whether religious or not.
- Information about your child and what his or her arrival means to you as the parent/s
- Words about the importance and responsibility of parenting
- Parental promises to the child
- Introduction to members of your wider family
- Appointment of nominated mentor parent and their promises to the child
- Announcement of full baby name and reasons for the choice of name
- The naming itself in whatever format you choose
- Concluding words
- Toast to the health of the child
- Sand ceremony
This is just an example. The choice is yours.
Together we will:
- Meet to discuss your wishes for the ceremony
- Draft the ceremony wording to your unique specification
- Hold the ceremony at your chosen location
I will provide a personal Naming Certificate to commemorate this special occasion.
Feel free to contact me on the form below to discuss your plans and how I might help.
Check Us Out On Instagram
Hampshire based Celebrant delivers a range of bespoke ceremonies for Funerals, Weddings, Baby Naming, Vow Renewal, Memorials & Special Occasions
Member of the FOIC
Looking for a Celebrant for your ceremony?
Get in touch